Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Last Post: Ciao Roma...

I believe this will be my last post.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I leave for the airport at 4 am Monday morning. My experience here has been great and I can't believe I am going home. I am so excited to go home and see the fam and celebrate Christmas but I am actually really sad to leave. I have met so many great people and made new friends especially close ones. I have lived in a different country for 3 months which is something that not a lot of people can say. I have traveled to many different places. I have experienced life. I wasn't in Chicago, studying at DePaul, sitting around and hanging out, or working at Potbelly. I was here in Rome where I was able to experience a different life and culture. The main things I have taken away from this trip our the people i have met, the culture i have experienced, the two lovelies that i was able to develop great friendships with, and most importantly I think I know who i am again. I might have not immersed as much in the city/culture or developed my language skills as much as I wanted to, but that's ok. Even though my experience wasn't what i thought it would be, it was still just as worthwhile and rewarding and i wouldnt change it. So here is to everyone and thing that made this experience so important and life changing:

Merm and Dad
Aunt Shelley and Uncle Stephen
DePaul University
Italiaiedia
Laura and Christina

and most importantly...

Rome :]

No comments:

Post a Comment